Using Virus Chest in Avast Antivirus, Virus Chest is really a rut in Avast Anti-virus for storing potentially dangerous files and completely isolating them from all of your operating-system. Files within the Virus Chest can’t be utilized or operated by any outdoors processes, computer programs, or infections. Should you double-click personal files within the Virus Chest, just the file qualities are displayed.
Because the file is gone to live in Virus Chest it can’t inflict injury to your pc. Plus it can’t be performed. Usually files could possibly get into Virus Chest instantly if Avast finds them suspicious. Or by hand with the interface. Within this guide become familiar with how you can open/connect to the Virus Chest and the way to utilize it correctly to help keep you safe.
Virus Chest on Avast Anti-virus has numerous parts that people can run with each having different agility and functionality. In the following paragraphs we’ll discuss a few of the primary functions of the Virus Chest, additionally we provide steps using Virus Chest. Well let us take particular notice at our discussion, which you’ll see below.
- Access the Virus Chest
- Move files to the Virus Chest
- Scan files in the Virus Chest
- Manage Virus Chest settings
Those are some of the main functions of Virus Chest that we will discuss in this article. Here we will discuss and give step by step how to carry out these functions, therefore let us refer to the following description.
1. Access the Virus Chest
To open or access Virus Chest on your Avast Antivirus, there are two different steps:
- Follow the steps below to open the Virus Chest menu:
>> Open your Avast Antivirus, then go to Protection menu then select Antivirus, and then click Virus Chest.
>> Or use the second way by right-clicking the Avast icon in the system tray and selecting Virus Chest.
- Once you have successfully unlocked and been inside the Virus Chest, you will be able to view the contents, add new files or take action on existing files.
2. Move files to the Virus Chest
Avast Anti-virus instantly moves malicious files towards the Virus Chest when they can’t be repaired (threats which can’t be repaired or moved are instantly deleted). You are able to personalize the default actions within the individual settings for every anti-virus scan or shield. If you want to manually transfer files to Virus Chest, follow these steps:
- Go to the Virus Chest Menu or if you are already inside Virus Chest, then right click on the Virus Chest table and choose Add … from the context menu that appears.
- Then locate the file you want to move to Virus Chest, after mummify your file, then click Open, consider the following picture example.
Then your next file will appear in the Virus Chest table.
3. Scan files in the Virus Chest
To perform a scan or to rescan your files manually in Virus Chest that aims to find out the virus, follow these steps:
- (Still inside the Virus Chest) right click on your file then select Scan from the context menu that appears.
After the scan process has finished, then the results of the scan will appear.
- Then click OK to close the result dialog from the scan, and the process has finished.
4. Manage Virus Chest settings
Automatically, herpes Chest is allotted an optimum space of 256 MB, and 16 MB may be the maximum size anyone file that may be sent in the Virus Chest. Adopt these measures to alter the area allocation:
- Open your Avast Antivirus, then select Settings Menu, and select General then click Maintenance.
- Next scroll down to the Virus Chest section and type in the value you want.
- After you make the changes, then click OK to save the changes you made earlier.
Such is the explanation and how to use some of the functions contained in Avast Virus Chest. Apart from the above functions we have discussed, there are still some other functions contained in this Virus Chest. As you know Avast is the best antivirus software that has been widely used by PC / Laptop users. So none of the functions of Avast is useless, all the functions contained in Avast will be very useful for protection of PC / Laptop that you use.