Use Site Blocking on Avast Web Shield, Web Shield positively scans data that’s transferred whenever you see the internet to avoid adware and spyware from being downloaded and run on your computer. You are able to alter the Web Shield settings the way you like, just about anything about web settings you are able to set and alter through Avast Web Shield. For some services that you could find on Avast Web Shield is really as follows:
- Main settings: manage utilization of web checking, script checking and HTTPS checking, along with other functions which could increase scan speed and precision.
- Web scanning: specify which kind of submissions are scanned.
- Exclusions: specify URLs, MIME types (mail extension types), or ways to exclude from checking. This really is helpful whenever you download many files from one, reliable source.
- Actions: configure automatic responses to online threats detected by Web Shield.
- Packers: indicate the compressed file types that you would like Web Shield to unpack when looking for adware and spyware.
- Sensitivity: adjust the heuristics analysis for detecting unknown malware.
- Site blocking: allows you to block access to specific websites.
- Script scanning: choose the browsers you would like Web Shield to bar malicious scripts from. Including remote threats on the internet and outdoors sources, and native threats saved to disk or perhaps in the browser cache. Script checking may also identify and block malicious scripts which come from HTTPS (encrypted) connections.
- Script exclusions: specify the addresses of web sites you need to exclude from script checking. You might want to exclude specific websites so that you can access all content on individuals sites. Tick this area after which go into the URL address you need to exclude. Use exclusions only if you’re sure the web site you need to exclude from checking is protected.
- Report file: specify regardless of whether you want Web Shield to create reports of scan results.
All Avast anti-virus products (such as the free version) possess a helpful, but pretty unknown feature known as Site Blocking. This selection will block any specified website, URL or page. So you can use it like a manual parental control.
For example you can add one of the site’s keywords that you will block or you protect so that can not be opened by others. Suppose you enter a keyword that contains adult content is “porn” then automatically Avast will block all sites and pages that contain “porn”. Similarly you should use Site Blocking to bar time-wasters like Facebook or YouTube so that you can concentrate on work.
In accordance with the title of our article this time is How to use Site Blocking on Avast Web Shield so that we will discuss is Site Blocking. In Avast Web Shield there is one feature of Site Blocking that is useful to block a site or page. Do you want to know how to use Site Blocking? For that let us refer to the following full review.
- The first step you should do is open Avast Antivirus by double click on the Avast icon in the Desktop menu.
- Once Avast Antivirus has been successfully open, then click on the Settings menu and then select Components.
- Once you are in the Components menu, you will find some programs from that component, then find the Web Shield program.
- After you find the Web Shield program, the next step is to click Customize on the right. Note the picture below.
- Next you will be in the settings menu of the Web Shield, as we discussed earlier there are many features that exist in this Web Shield Settings. But we do not need to ignore the others because here we will only discuss about Site Blocking. So at this stage you can select or click Site Blocking.
- If the Site Blocking Menu has been opened then activate the “Enable site blocking” feature by checking the feature.
- Then you can directly enter the Domain, URL, keyword or site that will be blocked. When finished click the OK button to end at this stage. Consider the example in the picture below.
After you enter some Domains, URLs, keywords or sites that you block, then you will not be able to open the site or page. To make sure you can check that is by opening the site that you blocked through your Internet Browser. Then enter Domains, URLs, keywords or sites that are in your Avast Site Blocking list, then the next will appear like the picture below.
The Site Blocking service on Avast Web Shield is actually very useful and useful. Especially for those of you who have a family that is still under age, because you can block a restricted website that could have been opened by people who are still under age. In addition you can also protect various Domains, URLs, and secret sites that exist on your PC / Laptop device.