Just before beginning installing Avast Free Antivirus, ensure you are logged into Home windows with administrator permissions, couple of other individuals are running work from home windows, as well as any other antivirus applications are fully uninstalled.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is required to download, activate and updates within the program and anti-virus database.
- Minimum screen resolution of 800 x 600 pixels recommended.
- Avast Free Antivirus 2017 is not supported on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, or any operating systems which are not specified.
- Download Avast Free Antivirus and run the setup file as an administrator.
- When the Avast Setup wizard appears, click Install for default installation or Customize for custom installation.
- If prompted to install Avast Free Mobile Security, select the relevant button according to your preferences.
If you want to do Customize Installation in Avast Free Antivirus, then follow the steps below.
- Download offline installer for Avast Free Antivirus and save it to a location of your PC / Laptop to your liking.
- After successfully downloaded Avast Free Antivirus, then right click on the setup file avast_free_antivirus_offline.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Next will come the command requests permission from User Account Control, and then click Run to continue.
- At this stage, because you want to do a Customize Installation, then here you select Customize.
- In this Installation Customize you can change several sections according to your Desire. For example Click on Change to choose a location to save the file Avast Free Antivirus program and you can also select multiple components of the program to be installed. If you’ve completed setting up the installation then click INSTALL to continue.
Program components represented by a question mark (?) are not available for your edition.
- Then you can directly Click Continue to proceed to the next stage.
- If you are prompted to install Avast Mobile Security, you can click on INSTALL to install, otherwise you can not miss and click No, I don’t want to protect my Android phone.
After completing all of these steps without nothing wrong and nothing is missed, then your installation successfully. And Avast Free Antivirus is now installed on your PC / Laptop and ready for use.
To join up your Avast Free Antivirus, visit Settings > Subscription and click on Register now. Registration within the new edition of Avast doesn’t need you to definitely enter your contact details.