Welcome useavast.com, on this occasion we will discuss about How To Avast Troubleshooting unresponsive Keyboard Windows 7. For users of Windows 7 and have Avast Antivirus, you must read this article because it would be very useful for you all. Sometimes other individuals or services running on your PC may conflict together with your Avast software and cause your keyboard to prevent working. This problem usually can be fixed having a simple modification for your Home windows registry as outlined in the following paragraphs.
To accomplish the next steps, make use of your your PC’s On-Screen Keyboard for just about any steps that need you to type. You are able to locate this keyboard in the Ease of Access section of Settings as well as on the login screen.
- Ensure that you are logged in to your PC with administrator permissions
- Type regedit into the Windows search box to locate and open the Registry editor.
- Click Edit, then click Find, type aswKbd, then click Find Next.
- Open each UpperFilters entry that the Registry editor finds and delete the aswKbd text from the Value data field.
- Restart your computer.
In most cases, this modification to your Windows registry reactivates the keyboard. If your keyboard is still not working, contact Avast Support. For more detailed instructions, refer to the Detailed Steps below.
Detailed Steps Use this if you are still confused with Simple Steps above. Detailed Follow the Steps below to activate your keyboard if unresponsive.
- Ensure that you are signed in to your PC with administrator permissions:
-If you are, continue to step 2.
-If you are not, click the Windows Start icon, click the arrow next to Shut down, then click Log off. On the login screen, click the Ease of access icon, tick Type without the keyboard (On-Screen Keyboard) and click Apply. Use the keyboard that opens to type your Administrator credentials, and click the arrow to sign in.
If you don’t have administrator permissions and therefore are not able to register for your PC being an Administrator, contact the Administrator of the PC.
- Use the keyboard to type regedit into the Windows search box to locate the Registry editor, then open it.
- In the Registry editor, click Edit, then click Find.
- In the Find dialog, type aswKbd, then click Find Next.
- Open each UpperFilters entry that the Registry editor finds, delete the aswKbd text from the Value data field, then click OK.
- Repeat the previous step for each UpperFilters entry that the Registry editor finds, then exit the Registry editor and restart your PC.
In case your keyboard continues to be no longer working after your computer restarts, contact Avast Support for more assistance.
How friends? now already know How To Avast Troubleshooting Unresponsive Keyboard Windows 7, so if you have the same problem with our discussion this time, you just need to follow these steps. Here we will attempt to provide a variety of information that is useful and beneficial to all of the users of Avast. So continue to visit useavast.com to get more information. Thus our discussion this time about How To Avast Troubleshooting Unresponsive Keyboard Windows 7, may we share is always beneficial for you all. Thank You And Good luck