There are several ways to scan for viruses using Avast AntiVirus, you can see and learn more from the review below.
Types of Scan In Avast AntiVirus 2017:
Additionally towards the active protection from the Web Shield, File Shield and Mail Shield, Avast Anti-virus 2017 includes several on-demand virus scans. You may also produce a new scan with parameters you select.
By default, the following virus scans are included in Avast 2017:
- Quick scan – Performs a scan from the areas on your pc most prone to adware and spyware infection.The whole drive where system files are stored, in addition to rootkits and auto-start programs are scanned. Files are checked according to their extensions.
- Full System Scan -Performs an in-depth scan from the system (thorough but slower). All harddisks, rootkits, and auto-start programs are checked. All files are scanned based on their content.
- Removable Media Scan – Scans all removable media that’s presently connected to the computer (e.g. USB flash drives, exterior hard drives).
- Select folder to scan – Performs a complete scan of the custom folder (to become selected once the scan is began). Scan merely a specific folder or multiple folders.
- Boot-time scan – Performs a scan at bootup to identify and take away infections that are difficult to achieve after launch. System drive and all sorts of auto-start programs are scanned, and all sorts of archive files found are unpacked. After clicking the beginning button, the scan is scheduled to operate instantly next time the body is restarted.
And here’s the steps to perform a scan on your computer using Avast 2017:
How to run a scan:
- First open the Avast interface by double-clicking the icon on your hard drive
- Visit and Click Protection and than choose Antivirus.
- After opening the Antivirus menu, the next step is select Other Scan
- After a successful open Scan Other menu, the next option is to choose a Quick Scan. When you choose a Quick Scan will automatically scan.
- Wait until the completion of the scanning process, following completion of the scan it will appear like the picture below, then you can click Resolve to clean.
How to schedule a scan:
You can set the scan time to your liking on a specific date and time or you can schedule it regularly as daily, weekly and monthly.
- Just like the previous step, on the schedule a scan open the menu and select Antivirus Protection and select Other Scan.
- After selecting Other Scan menu, At the bottom you can choose / click Custom Scan
- Once the menu is open there will be several options, then here we click then comes the choice Scheduling The Scheduling options menu. Then specify frequency, day, and time.
- If you’ve set the time as you want, the next step is to click OK to save.
How to Create a custom scan:
Generally it’s not suggested to alter the scan settings for default scans. Rather you may create a brand new Custom Scan and define all of the parameters.
- To open the menu Create A Custom Scan first step is to open the menu as the previous step. Open Scan Other menu options and then you will find at the bottom and click Create A Custom Scan.
- In Scan Name enter a distinctive reputation for the scan.
- When you’re finished, click OK. The brand new scan seems within the drop-lower menu towards the top of the screen. If your custom scan isn’t needed any longer, select it in the Scan list and click on Delete scan alongside its name.
That was some kind and the steps of scanning in Avast AntiVirus 2017. Hopefully with the way as above will allow you to use the application Avast AntiVirus 2017. Hopefully our information is always beneficial for you all, thank you and good luck.