Make Exclusions To Files, Programs Or Sites From Scanning, While this is generally not recommended, but you may want to exclude certain files or crosses from scanning, which aims to avoid false-positive detection or speed up the scanning process. There are some that you can make an exception include:
- Global Exclusions or Exceptions of All Scanning and Shielding
- On-demand Scan Exclusions
- File System Shield exclusions
- Web Shield exclusions
Setting this exception only if you know that the files, programs or websites you wish to exclude are not infected. If you are unsure of it then you can scan it in Virus Total or you can add it to Virus Chest and send it to Virus Lab. Or you can find out more information about Virus Chest, by reading and following the article from How to Using Virus Chest in Avast Antivirus.
Well now we continue with our initial discussion earlier, here will share the steps of exceptions that we mentioned earlier. Therefore let us look at the reviews below to find out how to make exceptions on files, programs or sites in Avast.
1. Global Exclusions or Exceptions of All Scanning and Shielding
For this exclusion it will refer to excluding files or website websites from all components as well as shield components, which analyze applications, analyze files and analyze web content in real-time. To do so follow these commands:
- Open your Avast Antivirus, and immediately go to the Settings Menu and make sure you are in General. Next scroll down and find Exclusions then click to expand this section.
- Then select the part you want to exclude.
>>File paths: type the file or folder location manually into the text box or click Browse, and tick the relevant folder.
>>Urls: type the website address.
>>CyberCapture: type the file location manually into the text box or click Browse, and select a file (.exe).
>>Hardened mode: type the file location manually into the text box or click Browse, and select a file (.exe).
Then click OK to confirm.
2. On-demand Scan Exclusions
On-demand scanning is a scan that you can manage and schedule like: Full Virus Scan, Quick Scan and more. Follow these steps to make exceptions from on-demand scans:
- Open your Avast Antivirus, then select Protection then Antivirus.
- Then select the scan settings you want to set for exceptions:
>>Full Virus Scan: click the settings / gear icon on Run Full Virus Scan.
>>Other type of scans: click on Other Scans and click the settings / gear icon on the program you want to set as an exception.
- Next select Exclusions, then type the location of the folder or file manually into the text box or click Browse and check the relevant folder or file, then click OK to confirm.
3. File System Shield exclusions
In File System Shield will continue to scan all files and programs to ensure security before they are allowed to open or run. Run the following command to crack the exception on the System Shield File.
- Open your Avast Antivirus, then select Settings, then select Components, and choose File System Shield, then select Cutomize.
- Next select Exclusions, then type the location of the folder or file manually or click Browse and check the relevant folder, then click OK to confirm.
4. Web Shield exclusions
For Web Shield this will continue to protect your computer from all threats while running web browsing. Therefore follow these steps to create an exception on the Web Shield:
- Open Avast Antivirus then select Menu Settings and select next Component on Web Shield click Customize.
- The next stage select Exclusions, Then type the website address manually in the text field. Then click OK to confirm..
So some steps you can take to make exceptions of files, programs or websites on Avast Antivirus you have. To get more information about Avast Antivirus, then visit our website useavast.com here we always give you information that will be useful and always useful.