Anti-Theft is really a feature incorporated in Avast Mobile Security made to safeguard your private mobile data which help you recover your phone in situation of loss or thievery. You are able to configure Anti-Theft to instantly perform certain actions, for instance, to seem a security if the untrusted Sim is detected. Furthermore, you are able to control any stolen or lost device remotely via SMS instructions or perhaps your Avast Account which enables you to definitely track the unit and lock or erase personal information.
The Anti-Theft feature of Avast Mobile Security must be activated to permit you determining your device remotely. You can also upgrade Avast Mobile Security towards the Pro version to make use of additional Anti-Theft options: recording a photograph from the crook when incorrect PIN is joined, locking your device when Sim is altered, secretly recording the phone’s surroundings anytime.
You’ll be able to seize control of the device remotely while using the following sources:
- Avast Account is definitely an account produced in the my.avast.com website. To make use of this process, the Anti-Theft feature should be of an Avast Account. Your lost device should be running and attached to the internet.
- SMS Remote Control is really a built-in choice of Anti-Theft. To make use of this process, the Avast Mobile Security Pro application must be installed and also the Anti-Theft feature must be activated on two cellular devices, a target tool and a tool for use for remote control.
- SMS commands are instructions that you could send from the mobile phone. If you are using this process, the potential crook can easily see that you’re attempting to take control of your phone remotely because the message is seen within the folder with incoming messages.
Of the three sources listed above are sources you can choose to search your lost or stolen mobile device. But here we will explain or take only one source through the source of Avast Account, so in this article we will share the steps how to find your lost mobile device with Anti-Theft through Avast Account.
It’s important that you should know ahead of time that, In case your mobile phone isn’t combined with an Avast Account, or even the Anti-Theft feature isn’t active, it’s not easy to control the unit remotely through the web. Therefore make certain you have installed a Avast Account or perhaps an active Anti-Theft feature in your lost device. Anti-Theft offers some features along with other instructions which may be helpful to find your stolen or lost cell phone. Here are a few articles you are able to follow if you wish to look for a lost phone, secure your computer data.
A. Navigate the Avast Account interface
1. First open or login to your Avast Account.
2. Next choose your lost device.
3. Then here you can use the command you want.
B. LOST command
This command initiates exactly the same actions like a Sim change, with respect to the settings you chose in the Settings → Anti-Theft → Protection Behaviour section on your Avast Account.
1. Here we select Mark as Lost on the existing command panel.
2. With respect to the settings selected in the Settings → Anti-Theft → Protection Behaviour section, the prospective device may lock, seem a siren or restrict device settings changes. Should you selected to lock the unit, the possibility crook sees the next screen:
When you mark your device as lost, Anti-Theft> also requires a photo from the possible crook and records single-minute audio file that will help you find out the burglar. You are able to evaluate the photo and audio file inside your Avast Account within the Info → Notifications section.
Send the FOUND command or type your PIN code to disable the LOST command.
C. LOCATE command
The LOCATE command is the fastest and easiest way to find the location of your lost mobile device.
1. First select or first click LOCATE on the command panel that appears.
2. Here select Request location to send the command once or select Track device to monitor device location changes. Then set the time selection you want, for example you choose every 5 minutes, then you will receive the mobile device location information every 5 minutes. Then next choose SAVE.
To stop tracking on your mobile device, select Stop tracking device.
3. When the mobile is situated, you will see the map using the device’s location, which is marked in green. Click on the table icon to open GPS coordinates, where one can take a look at device’s location, latitude, longitude, and knowledge about precision.
Once you find the location, you can provide this information to the authorities if necessary. However, you should know that the accuracy of this location depends on the signal strength and if the device is within GPS signal range.
D. WIPE command
In this WIPE command is used to delete all existing data on your mobile device and start the factory reset. However, there is no possibility to undo this action once the command is sent.
1. Select WIPE in the list of commands.
2. Then will appear the notification command, here you click Send to confirm or continue the process of deleting all data from your device. Then the next reboot will be done on your device.
Thus our article this time is about using Avast Anti-Theft through your Avast Account. Hopefully with the reviews, it can help you to find your lost device. Thank you